Wetenschappelijke samenwerking met China? Lees de bijsluiter!, Clingendael Spectator, December 2018
Ingrid d’Hooghe, Annemarie Montulet, Marijn de Wolff and Frank N. Pieke, “Assessing Europe-China Collaboration in Higher Education and Research,” Leiden Asia Centre, November 2018
‘Zoekt Trump in 2018 de confrontatie met China?’ Clingendael Spectator, 17 januari 2018
China: building soft power by contributing to global governance, Asia Dialogue, University of Nottingham, 31 March 2016
‘De Nieuwe Zijderoute moet China’s internationale positie versterken’ (The New Silk Road to Strengthen China’s International Position’), Internationale Spectator, No. 8 – 2015 (jrg. 69), November 2015.
China’s Public Diplomacy. Monograph. (Brill/Nijhoff, 2015).
Prof. Bruce Gregory of George Washington University, Washington DC on the above book “In her comprehensive and deeply researched book, d’Hooghe (Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael”) builds on years of scholarship to provide an indispensable account of China’s approach to public diplomacy – the cultural and political factors that shape its characteristics, its strengths and limitations, and its role in China’s domestic and foreign policies. Her book combines thoughtful assessments of China’s conceptualization of public diplomacy and soft power with up-to-date examinations of organizations, tools, and methods. Case studies include: China’s public diplomacy strategies in Africa and Asia, the Beijing Olympics, the Shanghai World Expo, the SARS epidemic, product scandals, and the Wenchuan earthquake. d’Hooghe usefully places her inquiry in the context of a thoughtful examination of Western concepts of public diplomacy and provides an extensive English and Chinese language bibliography. Her book is Volume 10 in Clingendael’s Diplomatic Studies series edited by Jan Melissen.”
- ‘The Chinese Dream and Successful Communication with the World’, with Jan Melissen, Global Review (Spring 2014) .
- ‘China’s public diplomacy shifts focus: from building hardware to improving software’, China Policy Institute Blog, Nottingham University, October 24, 2013.
- ‘China’s opkomst: Kroniek van een Machtsverschuiving’ (China’s Rise, Chronicle of a Powershift) Atlantisch Perspectief, April 2011, pp. 4-7.
- ‘The Limits of China’s Soft Power in Europe: Beijing’s Public Diplomacy Puzzle’, in Sook Jong Lee and Jan Melissen, (Eds.), Public Diplomacy and Soft Power in East Asia, (Palgrave Macmillan, 2011).
- ‘The Expansion of China’s Public Diplomacy System’, in Jian Wang (ed.), Soft Power in China: Public Diplomacy through Communication. (Palgrave MacMillan, December 2010).
- Guest editor HJD Special Issue and author of ‘Preface, China’s Evolving Diplomacy’, The Hague Journal of Diplomacy, 2010, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 309-311.
- ‘WikiLeaks: Amerikaanse hoofdpijn, Chinese nachtmerrie’ (Wikileaks: American headache, Chinese nightmare), Article in Internationale Spectator, February 2011, pp. 59-62,
- ‘China’s Nieuwe Assertiviteit: Meer Europese en Atlantische samenwerking is het beste antwoord’ (China’s New Assertiveness: The Need for More European-Atlantic Cooperation), Atlantisch Perspectief, Jrg 34, Nr. 2, april 2010, blz. 18-22.
- The limits of China’s soft power in Europe: Beijing’s public diplomacy puzzle. Clingendael Diplomacy Paper 25, The Hague, Clingendael Institute, January 2010, 37 pp.